Gazette Notifications Published Under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988/
Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989
G.S.R. 276 (E) Dt. 21.05.2007
- Minimum educational qualification of 8th pass for obtaining
- driving licence to drive a transport vehicle has been prescribed
- Submission of proof of citizenship for Driving Licence and registration of vehicles has been made mandatory.
- For obtaining driving licence requirement of proof of legal presence in India in case of foreigners has been made mandatory.
- Emission norms for diesel driven Construction Equipment Vehicle prescribed.
- International Centre for Automotive technology (i cat) and Central Institute of Road Transport (CIRT), Pune have been given the status of testing agency under Rule 126 of Central Motor Vehicles Rules for type approval of motor vehicles.
- The height of laden trailer carrying ISO series 1 Freight Container or the fabricated containerized motor vehicle has been increased from 4.2 metres to 4.52 metres.
Notification No. S.O.1725(E) dated 09-10-2007